CicLAvia seeking Volunteer Coordinator
August 30, 2011 at 11:30 am Joe Linton
Help make CicLAvia 10.9.11 happen - apply to be our Volunteer Coordinator
update September 1, 4pm: Thanks to the nearly three dozen applicants who’ve submitted resumes! You should hear from us shortly. We’re not accepting any more resumes at this time.
Do you want to work hard to make CicLAvia a success? You might be interested in applying for the short-term contract position of CicLAvia Volunteer Coordinator! It’s a six-week contract opportunity – starting this week or next! Apply now!!
Here are the full details on the postion:
CicLAvia Volunteer Coordinator
The CicLAvia Volunteer Coordinator is a temporary consultant position in support of the Sunday October 9th, 2011, CicLAvia event. CicLAvia is a huge street festival where 10 miles of L.A. streets are closed to cars, and enjoyed by bicyclists, pedestrians, skaters, and the like. The primary responsibility will be to recruit, train and manage more than 200 volunteers to support the October 9th CicLAvia event and to support notification and outreach leading up to the event. Additional responsibilities will include: some door-to-door canvassing (with volunteers), and additional activities as needed in support of the event.
This is a short-term contract position
, lasting six weeks
, beginning September 1st 2011 (or soon thereafter no later than week of September 5th), running through October 14th, 2011. Position expected to be full-time the two weeks of September 26 through October 9th, approximately half-time before and after that window.
Compensation is flat $2500 (equates to roughly $15/hr for two weeks full-time and four weeks half-time). Consultant must have a flexible schedule to accommodate varying workloads throughout the contract period.
– Available to provide consultant services at least 20 hours/week throughout contract, and full-time services the two weeks prior to the October 9th event.
– Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
– Availability to work on October 8th and 9th, 2011
– Availability to work from your home
– Good communication skills, verbal and written
– Basic computer skills: email, word, excel
Recommended, but not required:
– Experience with volunteer coordination and/or event production.
– Transportation bicyclist, involvement in L.A. bike community/communities
– Bilingual, multi-lingual – with basic fluency in language Spanish or other language common on route: Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Bangladeshi, Armenian
– Familiarity with social media in support of non-profit organization
Submit resume and statement of interest to email@example.com as soon as possible. Candidates will be interviewed beginning Wednesday August 31st, 2011, and will start work as early as September 1st, 2011.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: .